People spend a lot of time on their laptops. It’s usually more flexible and easily portable than a desktop computer, and it doesn’t take up as much space in the house.
But that versatility comes at a cost: there just isn’t enough screen space to play video games comfortably while using your laptop for other things like work or watching TV.
Your only option is to either mirror your game onto your TV via AppleTV or Chromecast, which can be finicky and unreliable depending on what you want to do with your laptop; or plug in an external monitor, which is clunky and inconvenient if you want to use the same device for multiple tasks. But now there’s another solution: connecting ps4 to a laptop with HDMI.
That way, you can enjoy playing on the big screen while using the versatility of a laptop. You will need an HDMI cable to connect one end and the other side connects to the back of your laptop and plugs it into an open HDMI port on your TV.
What is HDMI
HDMI or High-Definition Multimedia Interface is a proprietary audio/video interface for transmitting uncompressed video data and compressed or uncompressed digital audio data from an HDMI-compliant device (such as a display controller) to a compatible computer monitor, television set, digital loudspeaker, or digital home theater system.
How to Connect ps4 to Laptop with HDMI
To connect ps4 to a laptop with a HDMI cable, you first must purchase the necessary items. If you want to connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable, here’s what you’ll need:
- Laptop and a TV, both with HDMI ports
- HDMI cable (this can be purchased at most electronic stores or online retailers such as Amazon)
- Power cable (in order for the laptop to be able to run both devices, it must be plugged into a power source)
- PlayStation 4 (any one of your favorite games)
Once you’ve gathered all the necessary items, follow these steps:-
Connect one end of the HDMI cable to one of the HDMI ports on your PS4 and the other end to an open HDMI port on your laptop.
Next, start up your favorite game on your PS4 and go to Settings under PlayStation Settings. Select “TV” from the “PlayStation Display” menu.
This will enable you to play games from your PS4 directly on your laptop screen.
PS4 has many amazing games for you to play. Now your game console will be beamed directly onto your laptop’s screen. There is no need for an external monitor!
Advantages of Connecting PS4 to Laptop with HDMI
There are many advantages of connecting ps4 to a laptop with HDMI. For example, the HDMI connection allows you to play on the big screen while using the versatility of a laptop.
You can also enjoy playing your favorite games on your TV. The HDTV connection will allow you to play your games on PlayStation 4 in HD 1080p, which is better than just playing it on a television or laptop monitor.
The DVI connector is an analog signal so DVI connectors are not very common anymore. However, many modern connected TVs have HDMI ports so this is not an issue for people with newer televisions.
The biggest advantage of this type of setup is that you can have more than one person playing at once. With two players, you get twice the amount of games, and this is something that’s really fun to do with friends. You can also invite more people over to play or watch your game because everyone will be able to see it on the TV screen.
Tips and Tricks that will help you get the most out of your Game Console
Some of the Tips and Tricks that we can follow to get the most out of our game console when it’s connected to a laptop via an HDMI cable include:-
- Be sure the laptop is plugged into a power supply and not just running off its battery. This will provide enough power to run both the laptop and console.
- Be sure that the TV is also turned on and tuned to the right input. You can always go to Settings on your game console and select “TV” under “PlayStation Settings” for more information.
- The PS4 won’t share saved data between devices, so if you want access to your saves while using your PS4 over HDMI we recommend creating a PlayStation account. You can do this by visiting PlayStation.com and following the instructions provided there.
- Don’t forget to buy an HDMI cable, you can pick one up from your nearest tech store or online retailers such as Amazon
Conclusion & Final Words
Connecting your PS4 to a laptop with an HDMI cable is easy and very beneficial. You can play on the big screen while using the versatility of a laptop, enjoy playing games in 1080p HD, or invite more people over to watch your game thanks to the TV’s ability to display your gaming prowess for everyone’s entertainment.
These are just some advantages that come from connecting ps4 to a laptop via HDMI; if this sounds like something you want help with implementing let us know!